Spousal Support (Alimony)
In some divorces, spousal support, traditionally known as alimony, is ordered by a court. In these cases, one spouse is ordered to provide a specified amount of financial support to the other spouse for a specified period of time, or, in some cases, on a permanent basis. Sometimes spouses can reach agreements outside of court through mediation or negotiation.
Please contact our Orange County attorneys online today to schedule your free consultation. You may also speak to a member of our team by calling 714-550-7229.How Is Spousal Support Determined?
In California, spousal support is determined based on several factors, including:
- The length of the marriage
- Both parties' incomes and assets
- Both parties' education, work experience and potential for increased income
- Age, health issues and the ability to work
Discussions of spousal support often concern issues of fairness and equitable treatment. If you are anticipating or dealing with spousal support questions, it is important to consult a lawyer with real experience.Extensive Experience With Spousal Support Arrangements
At the Law Offices of Friske & Hilliard, we have represented clients in a wide variety of divorce cases involving spousal support. As family law attorneys with extensive experience in making, changing and enforcing support arrangements, we can help you make sure you are treated fairly, whether you are expected to pay or receive support.
We advise and represent professionals, business owners and investors with regard to:
- Court orders at the time of divorce
- Lump-sum buyouts
- Modification of support when an income change or other life change occurs
- Termination of spousal support due to remarriage or other factors
- Discovery of income when one party may have hidden income
- Spousal support enforcement
Every divorce and spousal support situation is different. We can evaluate yours and help you resolve the financial elements of your family law matter.Contact Our Firm's Attorneys for Help With Alimony
Contact us online to discuss your situation and find out how we can help. You may also call 714-550-7229 to speak to a skilled and knowledgeable divorce lawyer.