Family Law Firm
Child Support Orders and Modifications
Helping You With Child Support Orders and Modifications
When child support is ordered by a California court, one parent is legally obligated to provide for the financial needs of his or her child or children. In determining how much child support is to be paid, a court generally uses a formula that takes into account both parents’ incomes, visitation percentages and other factors. In other circumstances, parents can agree on child support arrangements outside of court.
From the perspective of parents, the common denominators in child support are concern for the needs of children and the desire for financial fairness. If you are anticipating a divorce, or if you need advice on post-divorce modification, our Orange County attorneys can assist you. Contact us online or call (714) 550-7229 to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your situation.
Protecting the Interests of Our Clients and Their Children
At the Law Offices of Friske & Hilliard, our lawyers have handled hundreds of cases involving California child support orders and modifications. With a focus on protecting the interests of our clients and their children, we use numerous methods to resolve child support issues as quickly and painlessly as possible. Our goal is to make sure all of our clients are treated fairly and equitably. We can:
- Help you and your co-parent work out your own child support arrangements through negotiation, mediation or collaborative law, which can help you keep control of your own family matters
- Utilize traditional court-oriented methods of determining fair child support arrangements
- Ask a court to impute income to make sure the proper amount of support is being ordered
- Facilitate modification of child support when income loss, custody changes or other life changes call for new arrangements
Contact Our Firm’s Orange County Attorneys for Support Modifications
Every child support or child maintenance situation is different. To learn more from our Orange County lawyers, contact us online or call (714) 550-7229 to discuss the specifics of your situation.
- 1 Free Consultation
- 2 45+ Years of Combined Experience
- 3 Effective & Personalized Representation